The Next Dance
The office party was in full swing. The music was live and everyone was having a grand time. Rex sat out one of the rounds of dancing and took in the view. Mr. Braum was not there. That was odd.
The man never missed out on the holiday party. Sure, he rarely got on the dance floor. Being that he was one of the youngest executives of the company, claiming old age was not a valid excuse for not dancing. However, the man was never pushed too much about it. He did hold a lot of influence and power.
Rex took a quick head count and discovered a few oddities. There were a few missing folks. Discounting the parents with young children, Connor was not sizzling up the dance floor with a super hot slow dance with Betsy like the year before. Speaking of Betsy, where was she?
Sabine would know, if anyone knew. Those two women tried to hide their close friendship, but anyone who paid attention knew they were bff’s for life. Sabine always left the party early for no good reason. Everyone just assumed she was going to her boyfriend’s office party. Maybe this year, she was at his party first then would show up later.
Rex was not going to stick around to find out anyway. He had a date with Mabel. Before he could get there, he had a list of instructions to follow and things to get done… so his night was going to end shortly. Once that list was done to her satisfaction, he’d be allowed to sit with her for a lovely meal.
Rex smile and opted to leave the party sooner than planned. He was excited about making that list perfect for his lady. Lady Mabel, he thought with a bit of naughtiness and glee.
On the other side of town, two gentlemen stood at the bottom of a spiraling staircase. Their angels were posing for them. Visions of love and beauty that mere mortals rarely got to see and enjoy.
Sabine blew a kiss towards Kevin. She had worn his requested outfit. Long white and gold gown that seemed to effortlessly flow over her like a Roman Empress. The gold bracelet matched her makeup perfectly. She felt like a million bucks watching Kevin’s eyes drink her in hungrily, in a polite way of course.
Betsy on her part didn’t want to try to be like Sabine. She knew she didn’t have that goddess effect of her best friend. Instead, she wore a short bodycon bandage dress that had ribbed inspired imprints in various geometric patterns on it. As far as the mirror’s reflection was concerned, the designed made all her curves seem way over the top.
Connor had picked out the dress for her and recommended a French Roll hairdo so that the nape of her neck was more readily accessible for nibbling, if the opportunity arose. She had selected her finest brooch to wear as an accent to draw attention away from her assets, but Connor had relocated it to bring more attention.
Betsy was fine with the extra attention as they were the only couple in the small dance hall. They had the whole palace of a hall to themselves to enjoy. Sure, there was a full complement of staff supporting all their wishes, but the place was for them to enjoy.
As the two ladies descended to meet their handsomely dressed tux wearing dates, Connor took a moment to finally ask Betsy the privilege and honor of a celebratory first dance to commemorate their first year anniversary as a couple.
He Finally Asked! The correct way too!
As the music started, Connor gently guided Betsy close into his arms. He was doing that electric sizzling hot connection he had done the year before and Betsy was happily feeling the heat.
Kevin flashed his famous serious look at Connor who flashed it right back. They both laughed. They had not allowed their precious lady to get away. The story had turned. Kevin got his Sabine and Connor got his Betsy.
It was time to celebrate.
Editorial Note: Adding a list of the chapters via a more modern approach. Just click on the image or title to read more of the chapters you’ve yet to read. Updated September 2018. After the list of chapters will eventually be a link to the portfolio table of contents. That particular page will eventually hold any new updates and chapters to this story… should there be more.
- Just Ask Already! Prelude - There are office party traditions that make sense and others that just don't. Navigating about the holiday spirit and cheer is one thing, complicating it with the feelings of love is quite another. Will our story hero find love or just be the laughing stock of the holidays?
- Just Ask Already! His Side - A person can spend a lot of time thinking about what could have, should have, would have, might have... Connor knew only one thing, his heart ached to be with Betsy. Yet, far as he could tell, she wanted nothing to do with him. Could he be right? Could he be overthinking things? Could he be missing some facts? Holidays are the worst times to be so lovelorn and alone... if only some clarity could be found...
- Just Ask Already! Her Side - Why must men make things so difficult. All they have to do is just ask... and accept whatever answer they get. NO.. Men just love making things difficult. A woman can only do so much to drop a hint. Maybe, just maybe, taking the ball into her own court might do the trick. Men! Just Ask Already!!!
- Just Ask Already! Mr. Braum - When a good best friend could do, sometimes a 'higher' power is needed. There are people who want you to succeed, but you're not always aware of them. Those folks can offer that nice swift hard kick in the pants a best friend may not... just to get you moving towards love. Especially during the crazy times of the holiday season
- Just Ask Already! The Party - That moment of truth... the music is just right, the stars are all aligned... the girl is looking into your eyes.... and you look... away?!?! Seriously though? Now you look away? NO! Just Ask Her Already! Some fellas just don't seem to get it. How many more flares need to explode? He's gonna get the girl, right?
- Just Ask Already! Conclusion? - Sometimes, just sometimes, you get lucky and question your good fortune. You've got the gal. You've got the relationship. Yet, you're not sure how you got so lucky This.. this is where a gentle post-got-lucky-debrief is not overkill. That is if you've got the right friends helping you out. Just don't overthink too much.
- Just Ask Already! Epilogue - He finally asked!!!! This is the part where a Hollywood ending would be perfect. Yet, there are a few loose ends the reader will be left to handle Things change once the question is asked and the answer is to the affirmative Now it's time to celebrate
Your Portfolio Archive currently has no entries. You can start creating them on your dashboard.
Leave a Reply